Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Summary, a List and a Promise

I was away for the weekend. It was a long overdue leave of London and out into the green (albeit a very fake feeling green) I had been looking forward to going to Center Parcs since before Christmas and was so excited that I couldn't sleep until 2 in the morning. It was refreshing to know that I could still get that excited.

It was a great weekend, basically put. I was really blessed and learned loads. We also grew closeer together as a group and had a great time learning about each other.

Funny/odd things that happened:
1. Emma managed to spill wine (all from the same bottle) about 8 times. All over Splem's shirt.
2. After being handed Gemma's bathing stuff (which was in a plastic bag) in case she accidentally threw it away while taking out the garbage (my suggestion) I managed to throw it away.
3. Hi fives. They are funny, trust me.
4. Making friends with Stuart and Stuart. They both work at the boat house/mini golf house, they both worked together in Spain and they live together now. Possibly the coolest people at Center Parcs.
5. Emma almost falling into the lake after being rammed by the peddle boat.
6. Mike asking for a towel, Telf throwing him Splem's, which says "arse" and "face" on it, and it subsequently being held up and shown to all 400 people attending the conference.
7. All of the video's that were taken, I just make myself laugh...

Things I learned:
1. Don't leave anything liquid near Emma unless it is to help her practice cleaning it up
2. Don't come too close to Emma on a slide (she did some damage to someone)
3. Don't wake up early with Gemma unless you know she is a morning person
4. Gemma likes hugs
5. Anything is funny if you are tired enough
6. Telf is a youth worker through and through
7. Youth Workers away are every bit as geeky as doctors when it comes to jokes etc.

(If my compadres from the weekend want to add anything to these lists, leave comments, for a better, more lengthy, understandable summary, see Splem's blog www.daveleeman.blogspot.com)

I have another weekend away ahead of me. I'm teaching at a youth weekend. I think that it will be good. I'm just ill and feeling unprepared, although I am. I don't think that I will do two weekends away tight after each other again. Well, I'm off to bed and then a little lie in tomorrow. Pictures of both weekends with follow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Nice summary, although I think you've been doing too many recordings (learning points haha). Ah the videos lets just say Sister Act and Joseph in German!
Splem

2:15 AM  
Blogger Lou (not my name) said...

Haha....do you think ill actually still have friends at the end of this year or will i have injured them all! Sarah amazing as usual, i like your blogs, Hope you have an excellent weekend away and do david and bathsheba proud...wait that sounds dodgy doesnt it, oh you know what i mean anyways bye

Ems
x

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you got some strangely named compadres.... like always. must be a youth worker thing....

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home