Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An argument, a discussion and a question

Got into a kind of argument with my flat mate. After walking around in a state of nother-pole like atmosphere in my flat, we had a shout out and then a talk out and then a hug and things have been thawing ever since. That same night, I heard a suspicious "creak" coming from the kitchen and I knew that Ben was raiding the fridge. I got up to get a drink cause I was ridiculously thirsty. Thus begins the discussion part of this blog.

I believe I got up at 12:15 or something there abouts. We got onto the subject of love and evangelism. I had had a great conversation with three guys in Nando's about God and Jesus and religion and that is how we came onto it. At about 1:30 we decided, although we could have gone on for ages, that we needed to go to bed and I stumbled up my ladder and fell to sleep right away.

Now comes the question part, and I don't even know how to put this properly, but I'll just waffle it out and hope that you get it: Is it right that we as christians want people to come to Christ? I have heard so much talk about hidden agendas, etc. But surely, we love people because Christ loves us and we love him. We want to help these people, restore wholeness to them, but surely, and ultimately, only when people enter into a relationship with Christ can they be made perfectly whole. Is that right or have I got it all wrong?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I reckon that's right. It feels wrong because people think that they're being forced to believe what we believe when they might not necessarily want to believe that. But... if they really consulted their deepest part they're know that they do want to believe that because it's the ultimate truth that God designed to be the answer to everybody's question and desire. And we do it because we know that we love them and we know that it's the best thing for them.

I know it feels forceful and mean sometimes too... Nice piercing

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home