Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A piercing, a job, and an addiction

So, first things first, I've gotten my lip pierced. I've now spent the days since wondering what pocessed me to get it done (not that I'm regretting it, I'm just wondering what on earth gave me the balls to go through with it) and am now living in fear of infection (although I am following the instructions like a good girl), we'll see how that goes.
Started work again for real yesterday, that was nice. Today I am digging in for real. I really want to get around and visit the parents soon. I also have an essay to write. I am trying to get it done, but I'm just really not motivated to do it.
Alright, now to the addiction. I have to admit to something rather embarrassing. Maybe being alone in my flat isn't really good for me. Watching tv yesterday, I stumbled across one of those house shopping shows. Now, these abound in England, people ask to have a house scout look for 3 different houses within their price range and with the things they want it to have. Then in the end they decide whether they want to make a bid on either. When I first came to this country and encountered (what I thought was) the unhealthy surplus of such shows, I was very surprised and couldn't see the lure. However, maybe it is cabin fever, but I watched all of them possible tomorrow during work, and promptly became a massive fan. Not surprisingly this morning, when I turned on the tv and the shows weren't on, I was upset, to say the least. I sadly began some work, bemoaning the fact that I don't have a tv guide to tell me when my newly beloved shows were coming on. I sat and had to watch news, a Woody Allen interview, and other stuff that I used only for noise. Then, joy after all joy, it came on, the one where they move you to the country, and a sigh (an acutal audible sigh) of relief escaped me and I could begin to relax. I wish I could not like these shows, but I find my heart beating faster when it comes to the decision time and my hoping that the family finds their dream house. Sad, isn't it? Please sign me up to the Reality-TV-House-Selling-Show-Addicts-Annonymus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You did it! Sorry we couldnt arrange to go that day...I ended up in the house ALL day! Hope it doesnt hurt too much. Lookin forward to seeing its premiere at college on wednesday! Mel x

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home