Monday, November 28, 2005

A nice day

Mom woke me up at 5 with a kiss goodbye and then she left. I slept for ages, had a team meeting and then took a bath. We had done loads of things on the weekend (I will write about that later) but the best was the Christmas shopping.
Now, here is where my day turned interesting. I needed to get some molasses for the cookies. So, as any normal person would assume, I walked to our neighbourhood Tesco's to get some, thinking that it would be easy to find something so normal. But, seemingly, molasses isn't so normal in the Elephant and Castle Tesco's. So, thinking that it just doesn't exist in this country, I made my through the Elephant and Castle market of illegal goods, and back home. Arriving at home, it turned out that it's not called molasses here, but treacle. So I left again, hope growing, thinking that I would find it at last. But I didn't. Being hardcore though, oh yes I am, I decided to walk looking for it. I walked and walked, beginning to feel desperate and a little teary. But then, looming out between the buildings, I caught a glimpse of something beautiful A Tesco's, not a little piddly one like in Elephant and Castle, but a huge one, a Taj Mahal of Tesco's. Filled with elation, trying not to break into a run lest this oasis would disappear, I walked through it's not quite so pearly gates.
I found everything I needed, and floated home. Once I got here, I baked up a storm, some for us here, some for school on Wednesday. Then, enjoying the beautiful silence, took the first minutes that I have since the weekend to be completely on my own. I'm now lying on my floor in my favourite place, watching Jerry Maguire (you know the "you complete me" and the "you had me at hello" movie) and licking out the pot from the truffles. Ah, beautiful.
Well, that's all from this front. Trying to relax and trying to block out workish stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home