Friday, November 18, 2005

Ghost of a good thing

I hate the few minutes before falling asleep, and yet I love them as well. Those few minutes where real life and the beautiful world of dreams mingle with each other, like mist over a lake, close but not quite touching. I love that time, but it is the time just right after that, that I hate.

I am more often than not, just while I am beginning to enter the dream world myself, brought up short (kind of like when I jumped into Grandma's sliding glass door when I was 12).
Last night this happened, so close to sleep, I suddenly was wide awake with a thought on God, Jesus and suffering. It wasn't, as far as I can remember, a ground-shaking thought, but it was one that I thought was pretty good. However, being silly and lazy and really wanting to sleep, I didn't get out of bed to write it down. Now it's gone. That's why I hate those times. It happens to me all the time that I think of something (to my mind) really smart, or important, or insightful and then I think "I should write that down" but I don't and then I'll spend the rest of the morning trying to remember what a great thought I had had in the night.

Ah well, just another one of life's frustrations. I'll have to add it to the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home