Friday, January 27, 2006

A problem crossing the road, a trip on the tube and a movie

So, I'll start backwards. I saw Memoires of a Geisha today. It was good. Not quite as brilliant as I had hoped. You could tell it was done by an American, but it was still really good.
Now, on the tube, I saw a guy with the most amazing hair. Either he had taken a brush/carpet and glued it to his head or he just had really unique hair. Instead of knocking that though, he gets exta respect points from me for just having really unique hair cut in the army way. Lovely.
Now for crossing the road. I was on my was to the tube station, crossing the road just seconds from my appartment, as one does. I was hurrying because I had decided to start crossing just went the light went from green to absent. Suddenly, I stopped dead in the road and stared into the headlights of the car waiting for me to get out of the way. Then, I turned on my heel and hightailed it back to my flat. I just know that everyone in that car was wondering what had happened to the girl in the street, why she bolted like a deer being hunted. But here is the reason (and drumrole please...) it..... was...... SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!!! IN CENTRAL LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy that I ran home, rang the door, told Vicky, gave her a kiss after she came down to see, and then skipped off to go to the movies. No one else seemed to care except for one asian guy who actually (I assume he thought he was alone) danced. :) I was happy about that. But as for the rest of the party-poopers here in London, I'm sure they thought I was insane as I sat and waited for my friend to show up, occasionally laughing at the fact that it was snowing. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know how insane I really am. IT SNOWED!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know! guys are rubbish right? Good luck with your situation. Snow IS exciting and I am SO happy for the dancing guy :-) genuine happiness displayed right there!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ps. Nice bauble

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

I really love to read your blog. I read every entry. To tell the truth I am a bit jealous of you beeing in London. I sit here in Germany and have to study all this theoretic theolog stuff and GREEK (!!!). That's really weird sometimes but it's still fun. Until when are you going to stay/live in London?
Do you know any cheap way there to stay over night for one weekend? Would like to come over... Ryanair has cheap flights for 48 Euros per return trip.

Blessings!
Tom

3:13 AM  
Blogger Lou (not my name) said...

Sarah your stories are amazing....always make me smile...uni is good today yay.....random bye x

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats so nice, a guy actually danced because of the snow? sounds like a nice memory in grey old london town.....dont know if its grey, but i think of it that way....hehe....

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home