Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A reading warning, A ramble, and A poorly written declaration of love

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you had a bad day and are not in the mood for some raving on how wonderful the world is, turn away now because today (or best said the day after uni) was a beatiful day. Today was yet again one of those days that makes me want to dance, sing, sigh, shed a wee tear and in general shout out because things are beautiful.
It all started with a text that made me aware of what a beatiful day we were having. Someone said that today was the first day that we had that lets us believe that summer is coming again. I couldn't agree more. The sky was a vivid blue with wonderfully candy-floss imitating clouds and the sun was actually warm on my black jeans. That is when the falling in love with today began. It continued when Jess and I left uni at the end of the day and sauntered arm in arm down the Anchor on South Bank. We sat outside (!!!) in January and my love afair with today deepened. After I dropped Jess off at London Bridge Station, I returned to my favourite Starbucks and ordered my favourite White Chocolate Mocha and sat and read for an hour. They were playing great jazz which made me almost buzz with happinest by the time I left there. I'm not a drug taking girl, but I don't believe that the buzz good jazz gives me can be far off a high from drugs. I carried on the good music trip with my ever-handy and obliging mp3 player and decided to saunter along South Bank home. When I say saunter, I mean I walked as slowly as I possibly could, drinking in the beautiful lights that always remind me of fairy homes, the Globe where I imagined living at the time of Shakespeare and going to see a play, freshly penned, and the white house right next door where I imagined living someday.
I didn't want to come home. I was drinking the fresh air (trying to ignore the masses of exhaust that I was inhaling as well) and loving being by myself outside. I need to do that more. Goodness me, London can be beautiful sometimes. I think that that is all I have to say for today.
Anyways, it is too bad none of you were with me today. We could have danced.

2 Comments:

Blogger kingsten said...

If you're at least 18 years of age or older, my blog may be of interest to you!
kingstenkensley.blogsource.com

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lou (not my name) said...

Oh sarah thats beautiful......

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home