Thursday, June 29, 2006

A weakness, A strange situation and A waste of 2 days

At club today I was swiftly conned into getting some chicken and chips by one of the people there eating it in front of me. This culinary delicacy in Britain is basically fat with the side of chicken and frys. The epitome of English cooking. I wasn't even very hungry, but I could not resist the temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is so very weak... "Is Gordon's waist bigger than mine, Sarah?" a certain Nick asked, just before I left to get myself the afore-mentioned heart attack. It took a minute to answer for the following reasons:
1. I wanted to make sure that I hadn't misheard him as I had already ran into problems with my hearing a few times that night
2. I was confounded that this was a man asking this question
3. I didn't want to be drawn into one of their twisted mind-games that they are often playing.
So, when I thought this through and came to the conclusion that there could be no danger, I answered that I thought Gordon was the slightly wider of the two. Nick looked smug and proceded to ask others who were standing around the same question. I began to wonder where exactly this was leading.
This is the reason as far as I understoond it:
Nick had lent Gordon some shorts in which to play football/soccer and Nick seemed to believe that his shorts wouldn't fit Gordon and suggested that he may need a belt to hold the shorts up, at which Gordon took slight offence... basically Nick wanted to prove that his worrying was justified, which it was, as Gordon does look a bit bigger, but Gordon won in the end as the shorts fitted. After all this, I was left wondering what the point was as the fit him in the end but men are men and always want to win... At least I had a hearty laugh out of it and Gordon was able to tell us about his wonderful display of football genius...

Two more things of note:

1. Jesus came to release us from oppression and changed world order, High Anglican liturgy worship sucks and we should challenge it. Dialogue with God is important. That is a summary of what it took a man two days to tell my class. I feel cheated of two days. No chance I can get them back, eh?

2. The Spice Girls are very underrated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Keeley said...

yay you spoke about me in your post lol. And i am sorry that you lost out in a pound because of the chips and gordon and nick compitision didnt finish there they had to argue through table tennis too lol.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

heh you guys are talking about me !!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Keeley said...

wel not in a good way gordon but isnt it nice to get a mention in someone else's blog even though you got ur name posted and i just got "one of the people" lol don't worry sarah i wont hold it against you. i am very tired at the moment and trying to make jokes seems impossible for me so i am going to stop trying. lol

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu Great site. Keep doing., actual ashley furniture [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536072]actual ashley furniture[/url], 1702, watch allegiant air [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536075]watch allegiant air[/url], xjwsib, best pressure washers [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536078]best pressure washers[/url], jgejq, follow dishnetwork [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536080]follow dishnetwork[/url], dwchakr, fresh adt security [url=http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1536076]fresh adt security[/url], 21404,

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home