Monday, March 06, 2006

A summary of my day, a summary of my flat and a subsequent cry for help

So, it is now ridiculously late and I have managed to do very little today. I did a bit of work, read a bit for uni, played some Sims 2 (I got a raise again in that, well done me!) and then finished yet another book, or better read a book through, from my childhood. I also talked to friends on the phone who called me cause they felt bored. That always makes me feel loved.
Ben and Vicky have left for training for a week so I have the flat to myself. Today I have loved it, just having some quite and some peace and time for myself. Loverly. I know that come Friday, though, I will be glad to have them back. I hope so at least. :)
My current project is trying to make my flat look nice. Not that it isn't nice, it is freshly renovated, but that is just it. All the rooms are the same colour, we have the same carpet through out, there is nothing really to break the sameness of the blue carpet and the beige walls (which get dirty really fast by the way...) However, I am restricted with what I am allowed to do. Apparently I am not allowed to paint, not allowed to hang or otherwise put things on the walls. It was suggested that I hang posters or calendars of bands or lay down a rug. However, being over the age of 15, I am looknig for something a bit more mature than that (nothing against posters though if you happen to have some in your room)
I have spent some time on ebay today, looking for interessting frames. I think I am going to have to hang things on the walls eventually but I will have to present a good case to have it approved. I just want to be able to feel at home where I live, and right now I feel like I am just passing through and not staying for a few years like I really am. Maybe I am being unreasonable and I should just be grateful with what I have (which I am, please don't get me wrong) but there is only so much one can take of beige walls and blue carpets. Believe me. So, if anyone has any decorating ideas that don't involve painting, hanging, or generally damaging the walls, please post them here and I will be forever grateful. I guess this is kind of a "Pimp my flat" (with restrictions) kind of call.
Oh, and I think that my flat is so messy cause my flat mates and I want to break the monotony. :)
p.s. the flat really isn't that bad, but it does need something to fill it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home