Friday, March 10, 2006

A laugh, A list and A (book) log

Hee Hee. Ah it is good to be able to laugh at yourself. Don't get me wrong, I still stand behind everything that I wrote yesterday, but I do apologise for the fact that most of it is incoherent. It was really late. Anyways, here are a few things I love:
1. The Killers. I dunno why but I really really do.
2. Praying for people over msn. How cool is that.
3. Going out with Jess for a girly night.
4. Apples with toffee sauce. Kind of negates the healthyness but is still really good.
5. Beyonce's song Check up on it. Embarrasing but I love it.
6. Having the kids that I work with come over and visit. Two of them popped by today and we ate ice cream and had a laugh. I can't begin to say how much I love that.
7. The hour before going out. I love the "what-am-I-going-to-wear-is-my-makeup-ok" hour
8. Getting visits. One of my best friends is coming in a week. Wohoo!!!!
9. Not being able to go to sleep because you want to know what is going to happen in the book you are reading. That's what kept me up till 3 this morning. Tony Parsons "man and boy".

On that note of the book, here are a few questions that have come out of reading it. Why do men have such a difficulty with growing old and losing their youth? I would be horrified if I lost my young-at-heartness but still... going out and buying a race car? How many young people can really afford that anyways? Is having a one night stand forgivable? What would I do if I found out my husband had cheated? Is going off and starting something with a married man the same thing? Is ruining one marriage justifiable, especially if you hate your husband for what he has done? Surely the man that you are with is just doing the same thing? Anyways, those are the questions that I have come up with so far. Feel free to answer. It is a good read. I would recommend it. In fact, I just opened it up to find a phrase to quote and there were so many to pick from that I couldn't be bothered. So read it yourself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your points, especially 2 and 6. Wow, there is something so absolutely deeply satisfying about Christian fellowship, or being the person that helps to show Jesus to someone.

I've been feeling your point 6 so much recently with the CU at uni, God has got the Christian felloswhip thing spot on and, like I said, SO satisfying. It's something that tunes in absolutely to your deepest need for community and, well, we're made for it aren't we. Just imagine what heavens gonna be like? That all the time!! :-) Have I theologised that too much? ...and wrongly?!

Anyway, the point is I concur - with all your other points too... except the Killers and Beyonce but that's just a matter of taste :-)

xXx

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

things i love:
1. reading your blog - i always am challenged, moved and amused by your writings! Miss Eels would be proud
2. spending weekends with you - although micah couldn't believe you came just for the weekend
3. scrubs, friends and other funny but though provoking entertainment
4. getting caught in a warm rain
5. david
6. when my hair cooperates
7. good bible discussion
8. the moment when i just know God is there
9. new adventures
10. all-inclusive holidays

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home