Thursday, March 09, 2006

Honesty, people and being me

How often have you wished you could be honest? How often are we really honest? I'm rarely honest. There are maybe two or three people I can be really honest with, but I have yet to come across any one else. People seem to not know how to take honesty. They always try to push their own opinions onto you, so quick to point out your short comings or show you how to fix it. I am guilty of that all the time. I am really trying to be able to be someone who can just listen and not try to fix. That drives me crazy. I want to be someone people can sound off to, or someone people can pull a Job with and just sit for hours with nothing to say. I want to be a real comfort and not some crap Superman who thinks that they can solve everything.
So often people manage just to make you feel worse. I did that once to one of my best friends. We were discussing things that we struggled with spiritually and every time she mentioned something she would struggle with I would say "Oh I don't have a problem with that" or "Oh yeah I had that problem ages ago" Why is it that people are completely incapable of admiting their short comings? Why can't we admit to not knowing the answers? Why do I feel horrible when I make a mistake, when I don't know, when someone knows better? There is such a pressure on people to be the best that they can be. But what does that mean? I don't know. I want to give up feeling guilty when I don't know, when I screw up, when I act my age, when I don't think of deep things, when I have nothing to say on a subject, when I am perfectly normal and predictable. From here on in, I want to try to be honest. Maybe just for a little while. I wonder what will happen?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Honesty is tough, and when we're honest with ourselves (aha) none of us are as honest as we could/ should be. Maybe even with the bordering on bad stuff - you know when someone's pissed you off and you have imaginary conversations with them in your head (and the impo[rtant bits outloud) maybe those conversations do need to be said and in honesty, cos they're honest... or maybe they're just harmful... fine line

Rachel xXx

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home